Check this OUTAGE MAP to see the areas affected by any current outages.
In the event of a power outage please follow these procedures:
- Check all circuit breakers, fuses and other controls to be sure that the problem is not with your equipment. You can also check your meter; if the digital display is working, you have power to your home, and the problem is inside.
- To report a power outage, call Claverack at 1-800-326-9799 or 570-265-2167; have your account number or phone number available. You may also report power outages via SmartHub. Please do not use Facebook or email to report power outages or dangerous situations.
- If there is any type of downed line in your area, stay far away. If there are trees or limbs on any type of line, do not attempt to cut them off. Call Claverack immediately so our crews can safely handle the problem.
- Leave your freezer shut. Food will stay frozen longer if the door remains closed.
- Turn off all major appliances (ovens, electric heaters, washers/dryers, water heaters, etc.) until power is restored to your area.
- Leave some lights on in your home so you can tell when power is restored.
- About 10 minutes after power is restored, gradually turn your appliances back on.
During widespread outages or outages that may last for extended periods of time, we post updates on this website through our Facebook feed. Please "follow" Claverack REC to receive notifications to your Facebook account. In addition, you can sign up for email or text alerts with SmartHub to receive updates to power outages at your location.
It is important to always be prepared for a power outage. For a comprehensive preparation plan, please click here.